This award recognises excellence on the part of an individual, legal team or law firm with regard to of wellbeing. The award celebrates either innovation in, or the championing of, wellbeing initiatives, that improve wellbeing in the legal profession.
2022 Winner: Alicia Floyer, Director and Principal Solicitor, Next Legal & Conveyancing
A born and bred Novocastrian, Alicia Floyer is the founder of Next Legal and Conveyancing, where she specialises in property law and conveyancing, estate planning and wills, power of attorney and enduring guardianship documents, retirement village contracts and leases, and the administration of deceased estates.
Floyer completed her studies at the University of New England in 2016, attaining a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Criminology. She then completed her Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice at the College of Law, and established Next Legal and Conveyancing in 2018.
Our judges noted Floyer’s standout dedication to the wellbeing of all in her firm.
“She has found creative, meaningful ways to balance work and revenue generation with a healthy life balance, and it is clear she cares deeply about the wellbeing of her staff.”
It is recognised that Floyer has made wellbeing a priority, and has not let a lack of resources stand in the way of placing wellbeing front and centre. She demonstrates that, with some creativity and commitment, small firms can lead the way when it comes to wellbeing.
The Law Society of New South Wales, President and Council congratulate Alicia Floyer on this achievement.
- John Kalantar, Partner, Executive Legal
- Coutts Lawyers and Conveyancers
2022 Award Recipients
- Wellbeing Champion of the Year Award
- Law Society Mentor of the Year Award
- Law Society Mentee of the Year Award
- The John Hennessy Legal Scholarship
- The Michelle Crowther PSM Excellence Award
- The Excellence in In-house Corporate Practice Award
- The Pro Bono Service Award
- The Legal Academic of the Year Award
- The Accredited Specialist of the Year Award
- The Rural and Regional Practitioner of the year Award
- The Law Student of the Year Award
- The Early Career Lawyer of the Year Award
- The Law Society of NSW Member of the Year Award
- The Law Society of NSW President’s Medal