Use of the LSJ Online website is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. The Law Society will vigorously protect its legal rights and interests.
Part VB and section 183 of the Copyright Act 1968(Cth) entitlements reserved. For information about Part VB (educational use) and section 183 (government use) visit www.copyright.com.au and www.copyright.org.au.
The information provided on the LSJ Online website is not intended to constitute legal, business or other professional advice. It is provided as general information only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from a qualified professional such as a solicitor who is familiar with the facts of your particular circumstances.
While care and diligence have been used to maintain the information on the LSJ Online website, it may not be accurate, current or complete in all respects and, consequently, the Law Society does not make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information.
The Law Society is not responsible to you or anyone else for any loss suffered in connection with the use of the LSJ Online website or any of its content. The Law Society excludes, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability which may arise as a result of the use of the LSJ Online website, its content or the information on it, including links to other websites.
Where liability cannot be excluded, any liability incurred by us in relation to the use of the LSJ Online website or its content, is limited to the extent provided for by the Australian Consumer Law. To the extent permitted by law, the Law Society will not be liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect or special loss.
- permitted under the Copyright Act, including for any fair dealing purposes such as private study, research, criticism or review; or
- authorised in writing by the Law Society.
The Law Society owns or is entitled under licence to all rights, title and interests (including present and future copyright) in the LSJ Online website. All material including domain names, company and business names, text, graphics, images, photographs, designs, illustrations, diagrams, logos, buttons, icons, software, and all products and services described on the LSJ Online website are owned exclusively by the Law Society, its related bodies corporate or others who have licensed their material to the Law Society (unless expressly indicated otherwise).
The Law Society and Specialist Accreditation logos are registered trade marks of the Law Society and may only be reproduced with the written consent of the Law Society. A number of logos appearing on the LSJ Online website are registered trade marks owned by third parties and have been reproduced on this website with the agreement of those third parties.
The Law Society reserves the right to all other intellectual property that is inherent in other information, products, processes or technologies which form part of this website and are not explicitly licensed.
Enquires should be addressed to email@example.com
Linking to the LSJ Online website
The Law Society requires that the following rules are adhered to when establishing an external link from another website to the LSJ Online website:
- A link to the Law Society website is to be used only as a ‘hot’ link (direct link) to a LSJ Online webpage and for no other purpose.
- Links to pages other than the home page are permitted, but it is suggested that you run an automated link-checker periodically to test the integrity of such link. Information or page structures may change over time.
- You may link to, but not without permission replicate, LSJ Online content.
- You must not create a browser or framed border environment around LSJ Online content.
- You must not use the Law Society or Specialist Accreditation logos without the Law Society’s written consent.
- Your website must not contain content that could be construed as distasteful or offensive.
- Your website must not claim or infer the existence of any relationship with, or endorsement by, the Law Society unless you have obtained the Law Society’s written consent.
- Selection of a link from your website to a LSJ Online webpage, and subsequent page impressions within the LSJ Online website, will display and retain within the browser software URL information relevant to LSJ Online webpage addresses.
- The LSJ Online retains, in its sole discretion, a right to disapprove and seek the removal of any link to its website. If a link is not immediately removed upon request, the LSJ Online reserves the right to disable that link.
Users of the LSJ Online website must not:
- undertake data harvesting of personal information from the LSJ Online website,
- use information obtained from the LSJ Online website about a person, corporation or other entity to send unsolicited communications to that person, corporation or other entity,
- in any way interfere with access to, or functionality of, the LSJ Online website or any transaction or process undertaken via the LSJ Online website, or
- reproduce, incorporate or store any information from the LSJ Online website, unless the prior written consent of the Law Society has been obtained.
The Law Society of New South Wales, Marketing and Communications
170 Phillip Street
Sydney NSW 2000
DX 362 Sydney
T: (02) 9926 0333