- Barr v Rockman  VSC 581
- Sergent v Glass  NSWSC 1446)
- The Estate of Nicholas Paul Enright  NSWSC 1646
- Public Trustee (WA) v Mack  WASC 325
- Lemon v Mead  WASCA 215
- Smoje v Forrester  NSWCA 308
- Lodin v Lodin  NSWCA 327
- Yee v Yee  NSWCA 305
- McCabe as Syndic for the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute Ltd (ACN 068 363 235) v The Baltins Superannuation Fund  NSWSC 1671
Distribution after considering contingent liability
Shortly before the deceased’s death in October 2007, a person was injured on property owned by the trustee of the family trust. The injured person commenced proceedings for compensation. The proceedings were resolved on confidential terms.
In Barr v Rockman  VSC 581 the executor of the estate and trustee of the trust sought directions that they were at liberty to distribute the estate and the trust funds without making any retention or provision in respect of a potential contingent liability arising out of the motor vehicle accident.
The Court made these directions having regard to the injured person being compensated, the event not suggesting the executor’s, trustee’s or deceased’s negligence, insurance policies provided reasonable protection to the estate, trust and contingent creditors, and the intention to distribute having been advertised (at ).