- Proposed Loose-fill Asbestos Insulation Amendment Regulations 2016
- Establishment of a National Integrity Commission
- Deferred Prosecution Agreement (DPA) Scheme for Australia
- Foreign Resident Capital Gains Withholding Payments
- Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse – consultation paper on out-of-home care
- Crimes (Serious Crime Prevention Orders) Bill 2016 and Criminal Legislation Amendment (Organised Crime and Public Safety) Bill 2016
Proposed Loose-fill Asbestos Insulation Amendment Regulations 2016
The Environmental Planning and Development Committee and the Property Law Committee made a joint submission to NSW Fair Trading on the proposed regulatory amendments to give effect to the government’s scheme to deal with loose-fill asbestos insulation in residential properties.
The committees support the establishment of a public register of residential properties affected by loose-fill asbestos insulation. The committees also support the proposal to amend the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000 to require a notation on a section 149(2) certificate where a property is listed on the register.
Clarification was sought as to how a council issuing a section 149(2) certificate will ascertain the necessary information to enable it to include the notation.