- Elder abuse – what support can solicitors offer?
- Proposed new housing diversity plan
- Productivity Commission Green Paper
- Inquiry into new foreign relations Bills
- National Disability Strategy – Stage 2 Consultations
- Draft revised workers compensation guidelines
Elder abuse – what support can solicitors offer?
Published on the Law Society website in September, this paper offers guidance for practitioners on how to respond to, and potentially report, instances of elder abuse without being in breach of legal professional obligations. It includes three hypothetical case studies, a list of referral agencies and extracts of the relevant legislation. The paper was prepared by a working group consisting of representatives of the Elder Law Capacity & Succession Committee, the Ethics Committee, and a representative of the NSW Ageing and Disability Commissioner.