- 2020 review of the Workers Compensation Scheme
- Inquiry into litigation funding and the regulation of the class action industry
- Implications of the Electronic Witnessing Provisions
- Senate Select Committee on COVID-19
- Home Building Compensation Fund comes under review by the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal
- Statutory Review of the Crimes (Serious Crime Prevention Orders) Act 2016
- Lessons to be learned in relation to the Australian bushfire season 2019-20
2020 review of the Workers Compensation Scheme
The Injury Compensation Committee contributed to a submission to the Legislative Council’s Standing Committee on Law and Justice (Standing Committee) in relation to its 2020 Review of the Workers Compensation Scheme.
In the submission, we acknowledged that some improvements to the scheme had been made since the first review in 2016, including through expansion of the Workers Compensation Commission’s jurisdiction to cover both work capacity and liability disputes and the steps taken to address issues associated with the complexities surrounding the calculation methodology used to determine a worker’s pre-injury average weekly earnings.